Monday, June 29, 2009

Quarter Century 25!!

So no sooner did I get married and return home from the honeymoon then it was my birthday weekend! It was a fun filled weekend. Friday hubby and I went to dinner and to see Revenge of the Fallen the new Transformers movie which I loved (I think I'm a geek at heart!) and am really curious if they're going to do a third. There's been speculation Michael Bay said he's interested but wants some time off I also heard it would be coming out July 4th 2012 so who knows really!

I received a lovely this "Strawberry Margarita" from my parents Saturday and we spent the day at the pool with Kristen in Haiti and her boy and then I found out that hubby and her and one of my best friends LB had been trying to plan surprise party for me!! Don't worry I wasn't snooping hubby told me about the plan because due to the ever popular rascal flatts concert and it being a summer weekend there were only a few people in town and he didn't want me to be disappointed he was so upset but I thought it was really cute! It turned out being a great night though we ordered pizza from Cafe Pizziaola which was great and both sets of parents along with a about 7 friends came over and my mom made me an awesome cake. She's made me a strawberry birthday cake every year since I can remember and I LOVE IT.

After the parents left and cake was eaten a few of us proceeded to have a lovely power hour and go out in Arlington, needless to say I was a little out of commission on Sunday! But I was excited because we had made plans with my parents to go to dinner at Rosa Mexicana which I've been wanting to try FOREVER! Dinner was good, the guacamole made table side was amazing but the rest was just eh as far as I'm concerned I've had far better Mexican at little hole-in-the-wall places but it was a fun atmosphere and I love trying new restaurants! I also got some fun gifts a new purse, a Coach Wristlet and matching bracelet, some tops and AMX giftcard. Yay! My birthday weekend was perfect for joining the quarter century club: family, good friends, good food, good fun!

No comments: