Wednesday, July 15, 2009

ALERT - Aeresol Cooking Sprays No Good!

So I know this may be the most boring post ever but it could also save your pots and pans! So as you know I like everything to be neat and tidy and I also am a big fan of instructions. So last night I sat down and read the instructions for each of our new gadgets and items that we brought home this weekend and I found out something I thought was really interesting! Calphalon states not to use aerosol cooking sprays to grease pans such as the ever so popular ***, not to be mentioned. There is something in these sprays that sticks to pans and even when you think it's clean it's not. So especially for those non-stick pans that stop working and everything is sticking to them, it's probably because there is a ton of build-up from your cooking spray that is causing them not to work. They suggest putting your vegetable oil into a spray bottle and using that instead. As always you still need to give your pots and pans a good washing but at least there won't be build up that you don't know about!! I found this really interesting because I feel like that has happened to me with other pans and I've had to toss them, so I have thrown my *** out in exchange for a nice little spray bottle!! YAY

No comments: