Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ms. Va to Mrs. Hubby

So lots of people asked me how complicated it is to change your name and I have to say VERY COMPLICATED. I mean think about all the different avenues your name appears it's ridiculous! I tried to go through and change my name on anything digital (aka e-mails websites etc) before the wedding but then came money issues. So I don't want to change it with my bank until i change it with my work (for direct deposit) and I can't change it with work till I have a new Social Security Card and I can't get that until our official marriage license comes to us in the mail and that hasn't happened it. I'm a person who likes to get things done, I rarely procrastinate, I like everything neat and tidy so this is driving me nuts depending on where you look my name is different! I came up with a comprehensive list of all the avenues I have to change to help anyone who might be going through the same problems:

These can be done at any time:
- e-mail
- websites (like shopittome, airlines miles, Victoria's secret, jcrew, cityshopgirl, giltgroupe, etc)
- eBay & pay pal
- facebook & linkedin
- apartment complex (Mortgage if that's the case)
- Magazine Subscriptions

These you have to wait till you get to the social security office which is only open M-F, 9am - 4pm btw, I mean who has time to take off work! at least open in the early AM:
- post office
- License
- Bank/checks
- car insurance
- renters insurance
- car registration
- work
- 401K
- Doctor, Dentist, Med plans
- passport
- voting
- Bills in your name

I mean really what's a girl to do this is going to take forever!!!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

this is crazy! I never thought of all the places you have to change your name ... I guess we'll just have to hold on to your maiden name for a few weeks longer =)"jenn bill"