Friday, July 10, 2009

Officially Mrs. Hubby!

So I LOVE the social security office, I know what a random thing to love right? But after an entire day of before work, lunchtime and after work trying to get through lines at the DMV and stillllll not getting my new license, walking into the social security office at 1:45pm and out at 1:55pm was AMAZING. It was a simple process you take your ticket, fill out your form go up to the desk and Bing Bam Boom you've got a new name. But then.....it was actually kind of...sad. I mean don't get me wrong I loveeeee being married and my hubby and his family and their name is just fine, it was just actually signing away that "Official" document stating that I am now and will always be Mrs. Hubby was a little sad. I mean I've had my name for 25 years its a major part of my life and now BOOM its gone. But on the bright side I am halfway through the process of changing my name on alllll those avenues I talked about earlier. I am waiting until next week to tackle the DMV again and I have a game plan so hopefully it won't be as bad! I've been practicing signing my new name and I feel like I'm in middle school writing in my binder, but eventually I will get my signature down pat and all will be right with the world.....or at least with my name!

No comments: