Thursday, July 16, 2009

Movies & Picnics

So I have always loved Screen on the Green in DC. It's a chance to do something fun on a weeknight, have a little picnic and watch some fun movies all while on the national mall. I am highly disappointed in their line-up this year:



July 20 - Close Encounters of the Third Kind

July 27 - Dog Day Afternoon

August 3 - On the Waterfront

August 10 - Rebel Without A Cause


Hubby and I will only be going to the July 20th show and not even because we realllly want to see it but because it will be fun and my 502 roomie from college gave me an awesome picnic basket set for my bridal shower that I've been dying to use. The rest I can totally do without. Although outdoor movies are becoming more popular so here are a few other areas you can have some fun this summer:

Rosslyn Outdoor Film Festival - Mostly great 19080's and 1990's movies

National Harbor - Oldies and Newbies

Crystal City - Comic Movies

No comments: