Thursday, July 23, 2009

On the Hunt!


So we've been house hunting lately and there's so many things to consider:

- HOA or condo fees
- Is there a garage
- Is there a pool
- How's the commute (Metro, Car, Bus, VRE)
- Hardwood Floors?
- Granite Countertops?
- Size of Bedrooms
- Is there a yard
- If its older what things might break soon
- If its newer how's the area around it
- curb appeal
- what will the mortgage be
- what will the taxes be
- what will the insurance be
- how much will utilities be
- If its less expensive could you upgrade stuff to be really nice for less then a new house

I've been loving looking at houses and it helps you decide on all the above things and what are most important to you. Most of the houses we've looked at so far are new because we haven't decided on a realtor yet so we've just been going to open houses. Its so fun to get to pick your cabinets, floors, carpets and countertops in a new home but then is it worth it? That's just something hubby and I need to decide along with narrowing our area down right now there's about 4 completely different areas we're looking at in the NOVA area. I can't wait to decorate our new house, I'm sure I'll have my mom over to help as hers looks like it popped straight out of a magazine every time I'm there (which is a lot!). I want a few bigger things rather then lots of small ones I'm not the country theme kind of girl with knick knacks I like statement pieces. It's going to be so fun! There will be lots of Blogging about it I'm sure. We may end up renting for a while longer so we'll just have to see.

No comments: