Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Resolutions...only 6 months late!

I feel like I've been being a slacker lately.... So I know I've been planning a wedding but I feel like I've just been letting myself go on a number of aspects:

1. Sweats - I get home and immediately through on something comfy which usually does not mean cute or even presentable to the outside world. I think I need to stay in real clothes for more of the day and then throw on some cute comfy clothes for the evening (I'm sure hubby will appreciate as well)!

2. Work Dress - I've always prided myself on my wardrobe but I don't think I've been putting it to good use I've been going drab and easy which is just NOT ME. Today was the first start of that as I paired an adorable crinkle grey top with white pants and silver sandals I also washed and straightened my hair! (Not that I ever not wash my hair but sometimes I let it air dry and that's just not as cute haha)

3. Cooking -
I got all these amazing recipes and cookbooks from my friends and family for my shower and am determined to put them to use. I am going to try to pick new recipes out each time and make a grocery list before I go to the store so I can start learning to cook more interesting meals! I've got some pretty good ones that I do now but I feel like we've been eating the same thing over and over because it's easy which is just slackerish haha. I also got some adorable aprons for my shower so I can wear those to help keep my clothes (non-sweats) nice and clean! Tonight Cornflake chicken, Corn on the Cob & homemade Mac n' Cheese YUM. I didn't say healthy I said different =)

4. Ebay- It's once again time to go through my closet and disperse of the clothes I no longer wear I've been good about this in the past but haven't done it in a while. None of that oh well if we go trekking through the rainforest I can wear this, nope if it hasn't been worn in the past year up it goes onto eBay or to goodwill! I tend to buy nicer clothes so eBay is a great way to have my clothes be more of an investment then just giving away a $100 top.

5. Saving - I've been passing off excuses for why I couldn't save like I was already putting away a lot for the honeymoon and I need to buy stuff for the wedding but now all that's behind us and hubby and I are going to try and save half our salary a month I know it's a lot but I really want a new house and if that's what its going to take to get it I think I can squeak my way through plus I love sales and coupons and SHOPITTOME.com haha Speaking of coupons did you know that Giant and Harris Teeter automatically double any coupon up to $1 when you check out? AWESOME!

I think that's it from now but they are my married life resolutions!

No comments: